There’s something incredibly comforting about baking cookies at home. The aroma, the warmth, and the first bite of a freshly baked cookie can transport you to a place of pure joy. Today, we’re bringing a classic favorite into your kitchen: Butter Pecan Cookies. These cookies are not just ordinary treats; they’re a delightful blend of rich buttery goodness and the nutty crunch of pecans, creating a symphony of flavors in each bite. Perfect for any season, whether it’s a cozy winter evening or a sunny summer afternoon, these cookies are sure to impress. Let’s dive into the world of baking these heavenly cookies!
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 7 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Pecan halves for topping
Directions & How to Prepare
- Start by preheating your oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Prepare two baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar using an electric mixer. Continue until the mixture becomes light and creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the butter mixture. Beat for an additional 2 minutes until well incorporated.
- Gradually mix in the flour, baking soda, and a pinch of salt until the dough is well blended and smooth.
- Shape the dough into small balls using a medium cookie scoop. Place these on the prepared baking sheets.
- Gently press a pecan half onto the top of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until they turn a lovely golden brown.
- Once baked, allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack before serving.
- Preparing the dough: 15 minutes
- Baking time: 10 to 15 minutes per batch
- Cooling time: 10 minutes
- Total time: Approximately 40 minutes
This recipe yields about 24 mouth-watering cookies.
Q: Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted? A: Yes, you can use salted butter, but omit the additional pinch of salt from the recipe.
Q: How long can I store these cookies? A: Stored in an airtight container, they’ll stay fresh for up to a week.
Q: Can I freeze the cookie dough? A: Absolutely! Freeze the dough balls on a baking sheet, then transfer to a freezer bag. Bake from frozen, adding a couple of extra minutes.
Q: Can I add chocolate chips to the recipe? A: Yes, chocolate chips make a great addition. Add 1/2 cup to the dough for a chocolaty twist.
Q: Are these cookies gluten-free? A: Not as is, but you can use gluten-free all-purpose flour to make them gluten-free.
Baking Butter Pecan Cookies is more than just following a recipe; it’s about creating moments of happiness and sharing them with your loved ones. Each cookie, with its perfect blend of buttery softness and the crunch of pecans, promises a burst of flavor that’s hard to resist. Imagine sitting with a plate of these golden delights, a cup of tea or coffee in hand, enjoying the simple pleasures of life. These cookies are perfect for every occasion, from casual get-togethers to special celebrations. Remember, the key to perfect cookies is the love you put into baking them. So, preheat your oven, gather your ingredients, and start creating magic in your kitchen with these heavenly Butter Pecan Cookies!