Pepperoni Pizza Casserole is a delightful fusion of classic pizza flavors and the comforting warmth of a casserole. Ideal for busy weeknights or cozy family dinners, this dish offers a unique twist on everyone’s favorite pizza. With its tantalizing blend of ingredients and simple preparation, it’s sure to become a beloved staple in your meal rotation.
- Uncooked spiral or penne pasta
- Ground beef
- Onion, chopped
- Mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Tomato sauce and pizza sauce
- Tomato paste
- Sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sliced pepperoni
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preparation: Start by preheating the oven and cooking the pasta according to the package directions.
- Cooking the Meat: Brown the ground beef with chopped onion, then drain any excess fat.
- Combining Ingredients: Mix in mushrooms, sauces, and seasonings. Combine with the cooked pasta.
- Assembling the Casserole: Layer the pasta mixture with mozzarella cheese in a baking dish, topping it with pepperoni and Parmesan cheese.
- Baking: Cover and bake initially, then uncover and bake until heated through.
- Total Time: Approximately 1 hour
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
- This recipe yields around 8 to 12 servings, perfect for a family meal.
- Can I substitute the pasta? Yes, you can use any short pasta variety.
- Is it gluten-free? Not as is, but you can use gluten-free pasta.
- Can I use different cheeses? Absolutely, feel free to experiment with various cheese types.
- What if I don’t have pizza sauce? Marinara or spaghetti sauce can be used as a substitute.
- How can I store and reheat the casserole? Store in the fridge for 3-4 days or freeze. Reheat in the oven or microwave.
Pepperoni Pizza Casserole is a fantastic blend of comfort and flavor, perfect for those who love the taste of pizza but want the heartiness of a casserole. Its versatility in ingredients and ease of preparation make it a great option for any home cook. Whether you’re looking for a new weeknight dinner idea or a dish to wow at a potluck, this casserole is sure to satisfy all pizza cravings in a more wholesome and family-friendly format. Remember, the best part about cooking is making it your own, so feel free to get creative with the toppings and ingredients!