Are you ready to transform your ordinary meals into an extraordinary culinary adventure? Say hello to the Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos! This dish is a delightful fusion of classic American Sloppy Joes and the beloved Mexican burrito, creating a flavor-packed meal that’s sure to satisfy. The secret lies in the perfectly browned seasoned ground beef, enriched with a sweet and tangy sauce, and enveloped in a soft, grilled flour tortilla. This recipe is not just about tantalizing your taste buds but also about bringing fun and excitement to your cooking experience. Let’s dive into this fusion fiesta, where every bite is a celebration of flavors!
- 2 lbs seasoned ground beef
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- Red & green bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Large flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheese, plus extra for topping
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil for frying
- Over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until fully cooked.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the chopped onions and bell peppers.
- In a separate bowl, mix ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, onion powder, and pepper. Blend well.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the cooked beef, stirring to combine. Keep the mixture warm.
How to Prepare
- Prepare the cheese sauce by heating 2 cups of cheese with milk and butter until melted and smooth.
- Lay out a large flour tortilla and add a portion of the beef mixture to the center.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the beef, adding extra shredded cheese if desired.
- Carefully fold the tortilla over the filling to form a burrito.
- In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the burrito for about 1 minute per side, until golden and crispy.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
This recipe yields approximately 6 to 8 burritos, perfect for a family meal or a gathering with friends.
- Can I use a different type of meat? Yes! While ground beef is traditional, you can easily substitute with ground chicken, turkey, or even a vegetarian alternative.
- Can I make these ahead of time? Absolutely! Prepare the filling and refrigerate. Assemble and grill the burritos when you’re ready to serve.
- How do I store leftovers? Store any leftover burritos in an airtight container in the fridge. They’re great reheated in a skillet or microwave.
- Are there any variations to this recipe? Experiment with different cheeses, add beans, or spice it up with jalapeños for a personalized touch.
- Can these burritos be frozen? Yes, they freeze well. Wrap each burrito individually and freeze. Thaw and reheat in a skillet or oven.
The Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos recipe is more than just a meal; it’s a culinary journey that brings together diverse flavors in a harmonious blend. Whether you’re looking for a new family favorite or a show-stopper for your next gathering, these burritos are sure to impress. With their mouthwatering taste and easy-to-follow steps, they’re a testament to the magic that happens when two culinary worlds collide. So, grab your skillet, and let’s start cooking these delightful Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos that promise to be a memorable feast for your senses!