There’s something undeniably comforting about a bowl of warm, hearty soup on a chilly evening. Our Beef and Macaroni Soup recipe brings together the rich, savory flavors of lean ground beef with the classic comfort of macaroni pasta, all simmered in a flavorful broth that’s seasoned to perfection. Whether you’re gathering around the dinner table with family or simply looking for a satisfying meal to warm you up, this soup is sure to hit the spot. It’s easy to make, packed with nutrients, and customizable to your taste preferences. Let’s embark on this culinary journey to create a soup that’s not just a dish, but a heartwarming experience.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 large cans of chopped or diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 7 ¼ cups of beef broth
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups dry macaroni pasta
- Cheese for garnish (optional)
3. & 4. Directions & How to Prepare
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, combine the ground beef, garlic, and onion powder.
- Cook over medium heat until the beef is thoroughly browned and no longer pink.
- Stir in the beef broth, tomatoes, Worcestershire Sauce, brown sugar, Italian seasoning, and ketchup.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the dry macaroni pasta to the pot.
- Continue cooking for 15 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Serve hot, topped with shredded cheese if desired.
5. Preparation Time
- Total Time: Approximately 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- This recipe serves 6 people.
Q: Can I use a different type of pasta? A: Absolutely! Feel free to substitute with your favorite pasta shape.
Q: Is it possible to make this soup vegetarian? A: Yes, replace the beef with a plant-based substitute and use vegetable broth.
Q: Can this soup be frozen for later? A: Yes, it freezes well. Just omit the pasta and add it fresh when reheating.
Q: How can I make this soup spicier? A: Add some chili flakes or hot sauce while cooking to adjust the spice level.
Q: What’s the best cheese for garnish? A: Cheddar or Parmesan cheese works great, but feel free to use your favorite.
As you savor each spoonful of this Beef and Macaroni Soup, you’re not just enjoying a meal; you’re indulging in a dish that brings comfort and warmth to your soul. It’s a perfect recipe for those busy weeknights or lazy weekends when all you want is something simple yet satisfying. This soup stands as a testament to the power of home cooking in bringing families together and creating memories around the dining table. So, next time you’re in need of a comforting meal, remember this hearty, flavorsome soup that’s sure to please everyone at the table.