Indulge in the ultimate dessert experience with our Red Velvet Cheesecake recipe. This delightful treat combines the rich, smooth texture of cheesecake with the classic charm of red velvet cake. Perfect for special occasions or as a luxurious weekend treat, this recipe promises to be a crowd-pleaser. The layers of velvety red cake and creamy cheesecake, topped with a light whipped cream, create a symphony of flavors that dance on your palate. Whether you’re a baking novice or a seasoned pro, this recipe is designed to guide you through each step, ensuring a stunning and delicious dessert every time.
RED VELVET LAYER
- Butter, for cake pan
- Flour, for cake pan
- 1 box red velvet cake mix, plus ingredients called for on the box
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tbsps powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
Red Velvet Cake Layer:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 9″ springform cake pan.
- Prepare red velvet cake batter as per box instructions. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes. Let cool slightly, then level the top.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy (3 minutes).
- Add eggs one at a time, then sour cream, flour, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour into a lined 9′ springform pan. Bake until slightly jiggly (about 1 hour).
- Cool slightly, then freeze until firm.
- Whisk heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Be careful not to over-whisk.
4. How to Prepare
- Assemble by placing the cheesecake layer on top of the red velvet layer.
- Spread whipped cream over the cheesecake.
- Garnish with red velvet crumbs and whipped cream dollops.
5. Preparation Time
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Bake time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cooling and assembling: 2 hours
- Total: 3 hours 50 minutes
This recipe serves 12-15 people, making it perfect for gatherings.
Q: Can I make this cheesecake gluten-free? A: Yes, use a gluten-free red velvet cake mix and ensure all other ingredients are gluten-free.
Q: How long can I store this cheesecake? A: It can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Q: Can I freeze the cheesecake? A: Yes, it freezes well for up to a month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Q: Can I use homemade red velvet cake instead of a mix? A: Absolutely! A homemade cake can be used for a more authentic flavor.
Q: Is it necessary to use a springform pan? A: A springform pan is recommended for easy removal, but a regular cake pan lined with parchment can also work.
This Red Velvet Cheesecake is more than just a dessert; it’s a celebration of flavors and textures. The vibrant red velvet layer, rich and creamy cheesecake, topped with a light and airy whipped cream, come together to create a truly unforgettable dessert. Whether for a special occasion or a weekend treat, this cheesecake is sure to impress. Remember, the key to a perfect cheesecake is patience – take your time with each step, and you’ll be rewarded with a dessert that’s as beautiful as it is delicious. Enjoy the process and the delightful outcome!