Are you in search of a dessert that’s both easy to make and irresistibly delicious? Look no further than this delightful Fruit Cobbler! Perfect for those moments when you crave something sweet but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. This recipe is a fantastic way to impress your family and friends with minimal effort. The combination of juicy pie filling, a golden cake topping, and a hint of cinnamon creates a symphony of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. Whether you’re a novice baker or a seasoned pro, this Fruit Cobbler is sure to become a favorite in your dessert repertoire.
- Non-stick Cooking Spray (like PAM)
- Pie Filling (1 can for an 8″ x 8″ pan OR 2 cans for a 9″ x 13″ pan)
- Jiffy Golden Yellow Cake Mix (1 box for an 8″ x 8″ pan OR 2 boxes for a 9″ x 13″ pan)
- Butter (1/2 – 3/4 stick)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the inside of your baking dish thoroughly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly spread the Pie Filling into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the Golden Yellow Cake Mix over the Pie Filling. Remember, use it dry.
- Cut thin slices of butter and distribute them across the cake mix.
- Sprinkle sugar and then Ground Cinnamon over the top.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
How to Prepare
This recipe is all about layering. Start by preparing your baking dish with a generous coating of non-stick spray. Then, create a luscious base with your choice of pie filling. The magic happens when you add the dry cake mix on top, followed by butter slices that melt into the mix, creating a crispy, golden crust. A sprinkle of sugar and cinnamon adds the perfect finishing touch.
- Prepping: 10 minutes
- Baking: 25-35 minutes
- Total: 35-45 minutes
- 8″ x 8″ pan: Serves 6-8
- 9″ x 13″ pan: Serves 10-12
Q: Can I use fresh fruit instead of canned pie filling? A: Absolutely! Fresh fruit can be used, but you may want to add a bit of sugar and cornstarch to mimic the consistency of pie filling.
Q: What if I don’t have Jiffy Golden Yellow Cake Mix? A: Any yellow cake mix will work. The key is to use it dry.
Q: Can this cobbler be made ahead of time? A: Yes, you can prepare it a day ahead and reheat it in the oven before serving.
Q: How do I store leftovers? A: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Q: Can I freeze this cobbler? A: Yes, it freezes well. Just thaw and reheat in the oven.
This Fruit Cobbler recipe is a testament to the beauty of simplicity in baking. With just a few ingredients and minimal prep time, you can create a dessert that’s both comforting and delightful. It’s perfect for any occasion, from a family dinner to a special celebration. The crispy, buttery topping, combined with the sweet, cinnamon-infused fruit filling, makes each bite a heavenly experience. So, the next time you’re in need of a quick and satisfying sweet treat, remember this easy Fruit Cobbler recipe – it’s sure to be a hit!