Butter Bread: this simple name evokes images of a golden, buttery delight, perfect for any time of the day. This recipe transforms basic ingredients into something truly magical. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of making Butter Bread, ensuring that even beginners can achieve bakery-quality results. Imagine the aroma of freshly baked bread wafting through your home, the buttery layers peeling apart effortlessly – that’s the experience we’re aiming for. Perfect as a breakfast treat or a teatime snack, this Butter Bread is sure to become a favorite in your recipe collection.
- 1 egg
- 150 ml of milk
- 80 grams of sugar
- 1 teaspoon bread yeast
- 300 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (for dough)
- Extra butter for greasing
- 1 egg (for brushing)
3. & 4. Directions & How to Prepare
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, sugar, salt, and yeast. Gradually add the flour, mixing until a dough forms.
- Cover the dough with a towel and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough, incorporating the softened butter gradually. Continue kneading for 10 minutes.
- Let the kneaded dough rest, covered, for another 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a 2 mm thick rectangle. Generously spread butter over the surface.
- Follow the video instructions to shape the dough. Cut it into 2 cm pieces and place them in greased molds.
- Allow the dough to rise for 1 hour.
- Brush the top with a mixture of egg and milk.
- Bake at 170°C (340°F) for 20 minutes or until golden.
5. Preparation Time
- Total Time: Approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes (includes resting and rising times).
- This recipe yields about 8 servings of Butter Bread.
Q: Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour? A: Yes, but the texture might be denser.
Q: How can I ensure my bread is fluffy? A: Proper kneading and allowing sufficient rising time are key.
Q: Can I make this bread vegan? A: Yes, use plant-based milk and a vegan butter substitute.
Q: How long can I store this bread? A: It’s best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Q: Can I add other ingredients like nuts or raisins? A: Absolutely! Customize it to your taste.
In conclusion, Butter Bread is more than just a recipe; it’s a journey into the heart of home baking. This bread, with its tender crumb and rich buttery layers, is sure to bring a smile to anyone’s face. Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned baker, the simplicity and elegance of this recipe make it a joy to create and a delight to consume. So, gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to embark on a culinary adventure that promises to end in a deliciously golden reward.