There’s something undeniably comforting about the aroma of freshly baked bread wafting through the kitchen. Our recipe for Heavenly Homemade Soft Rolls is not just about creating a side dish; it’s about bringing warmth and joy to your dining table. These rolls, with their golden crust and fluffy interior, are perfect for sopping up gravy or simply enjoying with a pat of butter. Whether you’re a novice baker or a seasoned pro, this recipe will guide you through the process of making the most delectable rolls you’ve ever tasted.
- 5 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 packet yeast (10g)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake flour, salt, sugar, and yeast.
- Combine the boiling water, lukewarm milk, and oil in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring continuously.
How to Prepare
- Knead the dough for 7-8 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and form it into 12-14 small balls.
- Place the balls on a baking pan lined with baking paper or greased with butter/margarine.
- Let the rolls rise for an additional 15 minutes.
- Kneading: 7-8 minutes
- First Rise: 1 hour
- Shaping: 10 minutes
- Second Rise: 15 minutes
- Baking: 16-18 minutes
- Total Time: Approximately 2 hours and 50 minutes
- Makes 12-14 rolls
- Can I use all-purpose flour instead of cake flour? Yes, but the rolls might be less tender. Cake flour has a lower protein content, which contributes to the softness of the rolls.
- How do I know if the yeast is active? The yeast should become foamy when mixed with the warm liquids. If it doesn’t, it may be expired.
- Can these rolls be made ahead of time? Absolutely! Bake them, let them cool completely, and store them in an airtight container. They can be reheated in the oven.
- Why do my rolls not rise properly? This could be due to expired yeast or not allowing enough time for the dough to rise. Ensure your rising environment is warm and draft-free.
- Can I add herbs or cheese to this recipe? Yes, you can customize these rolls by adding herbs like rosemary or thyme, or cheese, for added flavor.
Our Heavenly Homemade Soft Rolls are more than just a recipe; they’re a journey into the heart of home baking. The process of kneading, rising, and baking these rolls is almost therapeutic, and the end result is absolutely rewarding. These rolls are perfect for a family dinner, a special occasion, or even just a weekend baking project. The joy of breaking open a warm, soft roll, steam rising, and butter melting into its fluffy layers is an experience worth every minute spent in the kitchen. So, tie on your apron, and let’s create some baking magic!