Cooking a wholesome and delicious meal doesn’t have to be a day-long affair. With our One-Skillet Savory Beef Tips and Gravy recipe, you can prepare a restaurant-quality dish right in your kitchen, and all in one pan! This dish is a hearty blend of tender beef and rich, aromatic gravy, perfect for those evenings when you crave something satisfying yet straightforward. The combination of crimini mushrooms, succulent beef, and a sumptuous gravy makes this recipe a must-try for meat lovers. Not only is it packed with flavor, but it’s also incredibly easy to prepare, making it an ideal choice for both beginners and seasoned cooks.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lb sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb beef tenderloin or high-quality beef steak, cut into bite-size strips
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup quality red wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup flour (preferably Wondra flour)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, cook until golden brown (about 8 minutes).
- Stir in onions, cook until soft and mushrooms are golden.
- Reduce heat, add garlic, cook for 30 seconds, then transfer to a plate.
How to Prepare
- In a large ziplock bag, combine flour, steak bites, salt, and pepper. Shake to coat.
- Heat olive oil in the skillet, add steak, and brown.
- Remove steak, add red wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up brown bits.
- Reserve 1/2 cup beef broth; add remaining broth and Worcestershire Sauce to the skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk reserved broth with 1/4 cup flour.
- Stir this mixture into the skillet, cook until thickened.
- Return mushroom mixture and beef to the pan, simmer for 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Serves 4 people generously
- Can I substitute the beef tenderloin? Yes, any good quality beef steak works well in this recipe.
- Is it necessary to use Wondra flour? No, but Wondra flour helps in creating a smoother, lump-free gravy.
- Can this dish be made ahead of time? Yes, it reheats well, making it perfect for meal prep.
- What can I serve this with? It pairs beautifully with egg noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.
- Can I use white wine instead of red? Red wine is recommended for its rich flavor, but in a pinch, white wine can be used.
Our One-Skillet Savory Beef Tips and Gravy is more than just a recipe; it’s a journey into the world of comfort cooking. This dish stands out with its rich flavors, tender meat, and the convenience of using just one skillet. It’s a testament to the fact that gourmet meals need not be complicated. Whether you’re a novice or a pro in the kitchen, this recipe is bound to impress. So, why wait? Gather your ingredients and let’s bring this culinary delight to your table!