The holiday season brings a sprinkle of joy and a dash of magic, especially in the kitchen. Hershey’s Christmas Mice Candy embodies this festive spirit, combining the sweetness of chocolate with the charm of holiday crafting. This recipe is more than just a treat; it’s a delightful activity that brings families together, creating memories as sweet as the candies themselves. Whether you’re looking to add something special to your holiday table or searching for a unique homemade gift, these adorable chocolate mice are sure to bring smiles and warmth to your celebrations.
- 15 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- 15 maraschino cherries with stems, well-drained and dry
- 15 red hots candies or any small red candy for the noses
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, for melting
- 30 peanut halves (for the ears)
- A small tube of black icing (for the eyes)
- Prepare Your Ingredients: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Have all your ingredients ready: Hershey’s Kisses, maraschino cherries, red hots, chocolate chips, and peanut halves.
- Melt Chocolate Chips: Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl or using a double boiler. Be careful not to overheat the chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Assemble the Mice: Dip a maraschino cherry into the melted chocolate, covering it completely. Then, press a Hershey’s Kiss onto one side of the cherry, creating the head of the mouse.
- Add Ears and Nose: While the chocolate is still wet, gently press two peanut halves between the cherry and the Hershey’s Kiss to form the ears. Attach a red hot candy at the tip of the cherry for the nose.
- Add Eyes: Use the tube of black icing to carefully dot two small eyes on the Hershey’s Kiss.
- Set the Mice: Place the assembled mouse on the parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining cherries, Hershey’s Kisses, and other ingredients.
- Chill to Set: Refrigerate the mice for about 10-15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Serve: Once set, your Hershey’s Christmas Mice Candy are ready to be served. They make a delightful addition to any holiday table or as a cute homemade gift.
- Total Time: Approximately 30 minutes
- Active Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 10-15 minutes
- This recipe makes 15 Hershey’s Christmas Mice.
- Can I use other types of chocolate for melting?
- Yes, you can use dark or milk chocolate chips as well.
- How long can I store these Christmas mice?
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Can I make these without nuts?
- Absolutely! For a nut-free version, substitute the peanuts with small pieces of pretzels or leave the ears out.
- Is it necessary to refrigerate the mice?
- Yes, chilling helps the chocolate set properly, keeping the shape intact.
- Can children help make these?
- Definitely! This is a fun and easy project for kids. Just ensure adult supervision, especially when melting chocolate.
Hershey’s Christmas Mice Candy is more than just a festive treat; it’s a portal to a world of holiday enchantment. This simple yet delightful recipe is perfect for involving kids in the kitchen, fostering creativity and joy in every step. From the playful assembly to the final display of these charming mice, the process is filled with laughter and bonding moments. As these little chocolate creatures adorn your holiday table or become a heartfelt gift, they remind us of the simple pleasures and shared experiences that truly define the spirit of the season. So, don your chef’s hat and invite your loved ones to join in creating these magical holiday memories.