There’s something undeniably comforting about homemade doughnuts. The aroma of sweet dough frying to a golden perfection is a nostalgic reminder of simpler times. Our Golden Delight Doughnuts recipe brings this comforting experience into your kitchen. It’s a straightforward recipe that yields fluffy, sweet, and irresistibly golden treats. Perfect for weekend brunches, family gatherings, or just a delightful surprise for your loved ones, these doughnuts are sure to bring smiles all around.
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 7g dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 30g (2 tbsp) sugar
- 450g (3 ¼ cups) flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 50g (3 tbsp) butter
- Granulated sugar for coating
3. & 4. Directions & How to Prepare
- In a mixing bowl, combine warm milk, sugar, yeast, and the egg. Stir until the yeast dissolves and the mixture becomes frothy.
- Gradually add the flour and salt to the liquid mixture, blending until a soft dough forms.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 20 minutes, allowing it to slightly rise.
- Knead in the butter until fully incorporated, then let the dough rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough and divide it into 12 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball, roll the ends, and seal them to form doughnuts.
- Cover the shaped doughnuts and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Fry the doughnuts in hot oil until they turn a beautiful golden brown.
- Roll the hot doughnuts in granulated sugar for a sweet, glistening coating.
5. Preparation Time
- Prep Time: 35 minutes (including resting times)
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
This recipe yields 12 scrumptious doughnuts.
Q: Can I use a different type of milk? A: Yes, you can substitute almond or soy milk for a dairy-free version.
Q: How do I know when the oil is ready for frying? A: The oil should be around 350°F (175°C). A small piece of dough should sizzle when placed in the oil.
Q: Can these doughnuts be baked instead of fried? A: Yes, though they won’t have the same texture. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for about 10 minutes.
Q: How long do these doughnuts stay fresh? A: They’re best eaten the same day, but you can store them in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Q: Can I add fillings or glazes to these doughnuts? A: Absolutely! Feel free to get creative with jams, custards, or your favorite glazes.
Golden Delight Doughnuts are more than just a treat; they’re a journey back to the warmth of the family kitchen, a reminder of the joy of sharing simple pleasures. This recipe is an invitation to create and share moments of happiness. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or trying your hand at doughnut making for the first time, these doughnuts are sure to be a hit. So, tie on your apron, warm up that oil, and get ready to enjoy the sweet reward of homemade doughnuts. Happy baking!