There’s something irresistibly comforting about a good Philly Cheesesteak Slider. These bite-sized delights pack all the flavors of the classic sandwich in a convenient, party-friendly form. Whether you’re hosting a get-together, looking for a fun family dinner, or just craving something savory, these sliders are sure to impress. In this recipe, we’ll walk you through each step to ensure your sliders are the talk of the table.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 pound fresh shaved steak
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12-pack sweet bread buns
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (for the topping)
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Start by heating olive oil in a large pan. Add onions and green peppers, cooking until they soften. Introduce the shaved steak to the mix along with Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir the steak until it’s no longer red.
4. How to Prepare
Cut the sweet rolls horizontally while keeping them connected. On a baking sheet, lay the bottom half and spread the steak mixture evenly. Layer with cheese and cover with the top half of the buns. In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, dried thyme, and Worcestershire sauce, then brush this over the buns.
5. Preparation Time
This recipe takes about 35 minutes to prepare, including 20 minutes of cooking time.
This recipe yields 12 delectable sliders, perfect for a group of 4-6 people.
- Q: Can I substitute the meat? A: Absolutely! Chicken or even a vegetarian option like portobello mushrooms work great.
- Q: What if I can’t find sweet bread buns? A: Regular dinner rolls are a good substitute.
- Q: Can these be made ahead of time? A: Yes, prepare everything but bake just before serving.
- Q: Are there any cheese alternatives? A: Swiss or cheddar cheese also work well.
- Q: How do I keep leftovers? A: Store in the fridge and reheat in the oven for best results.
Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are a delightful twist on a classic, combining all the beloved elements into a compact, flavorful bite. They are perfect for any occasion, be it a casual family dinner or a festive gathering. The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity and the joy it brings to the table. So, gather your ingredients, and let’s make some slider magic!