Embark on a culinary adventure with the “Sausage Eggroll in a Bowl,” a dish that brings the essence of a traditional eggroll to your dinner table without the fuss of wrapping or frying. This recipe is a perfect blend of convenience and taste, offering a delightful twist on a classic. Whether you’re short on time or just looking for something new and exciting, this dish is sure to impress. Its simplicity lies in using everyday ingredients like coleslaw mix and pork sausage, spiced up with garlic, ginger, and soy sauce for that authentic eggroll flavor. Ideal for a quick weeknight dinner or a casual gathering, it’s a dish that promises both comfort and flavor.
- 1 bag of coleslaw mix (regular or broccoli slaw)
- 1 tube of pork sausage (any flavor except Maple)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or more, to taste)
Directions & How to Prepare
- Cook the Sausage: In a large skillet, fry the pork sausage until fully cooked. Drain any excess grease.
- Add Flavors: Return the skillet to heat. Stir in the sesame oil, followed by the coleslaw mix and all the dry seasonings (garlic, ginger, onion powder, and white pepper).
- Simmer: Cook the mixture on medium heat until the slaw is tender but still crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Final Touch: Once the slaw has cooked to your liking, pour in the soy sauce and stir well to combine.
- Serve: Enjoy the eggroll in a bowl on its own or over a bed of steamed rice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Can I substitute the pork sausage with another meat? Yes, you can use chicken, beef, or even tofu as a substitute.
- How can I make this recipe gluten-free? Use tamari or a gluten-free soy sauce alternative.
- Can I add more vegetables to this dish? Absolutely! Feel free to include bell peppers, mushrooms, or carrots for extra nutrition and flavor.
- Is this dish spicy? The recipe as is isn’t spicy, but you can add red pepper flakes or sriracha for some heat.
- How long can I store the leftovers? Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The “Sausage Eggroll in a Bowl” is a testament to the beauty of simple, hearty meals that don’t compromise on flavor. Its versatility allows you to tweak ingredients according to your taste and dietary preferences, making it a crowd-pleaser. This dish not only saves time but also brings a touch of gourmet to your everyday dining. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is a delightful addition to your culinary repertoire. So, gather your ingredients, and let’s bring the joy of cooking back to the kitchen with this easy, satisfying meal that’s bound to become a new favorite!