There’s something truly magical about strawberries. Their vibrant red color, sweet juiciness, and versatility make them a favorite among dessert lovers. Today, we’re going to elevate this beloved fruit into something even more delightful: Strawberry Bomb Delights. Imagine a soft, pillowy pastry filled with the creamy richness of whipped cream and the fresh zing of strawberries. Perfect for any gathering or a cozy night in, these treats are sure to impress everyone. Let’s embark on this delicious journey and create something extraordinary!
- 300g (2 cups) flour
- 1 egg
- 45g (1/4 cup) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 7g dry yeast
- 140 ml (3/5 cup) hot milk
- 40g (1/4 cup) softened butter
- For Decoration: Whipped cream, chopped strawberries, granulated sugar
3. & 4. Directions & How to Prepare
- Yeast Mixture: Combine sugar, yeast, and milk in a medium bowl. Stir until the yeast dissolves.
- Dough Formation: Whisk the egg. Add flour and salt, and begin kneading with a spatula. Progress to hand kneading until dough becomes elastic.
- Incorporate Butter: Mix in softened butter until fully blended into the dough.
- First Rise: Shape the dough into a ball. Cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap. Allow it to rise for 1 hour.
- Portioning: Divide the dough into 8 parts, rolling each into a ball. Cover and let them rest for 30 minutes.
- Second Rise: Flatten each ball slightly, then reshape into a ball. Cover and rest for another 30 minutes.
- Frying: Fry the balls in hot oil over low heat, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Assembly: Cool slightly, then slice in half. Fill with whipped cream and strawberries. Sprinkle with sugar.
5. Preparation Time
- Total Time: Approximately 3 hours (including rising and resting periods)
- Active Time: 30 minutes (kneading and frying)
This recipe yields 8 Strawberry Bomb Delights.
- Can I use frozen strawberries? Yes, but let them thaw and drain any excess liquid first.
- Is it necessary to use dry yeast? Yes, for the dough to rise properly.
- Can I make these in advance? Best eaten fresh, but you can prepare the dough ahead.
- Can I bake them instead of frying? Frying gives a unique texture, but baking is a healthier alternative.
- Any storage tips? Store in an airtight container; best consumed within 2 days.
Our journey into the world of Strawberry Bomb Delights concludes with a batch of warm, sweet, and utterly satisfying pastries. This recipe not only brings the joy of baking into your kitchen but also the delight of sharing something truly special with your loved ones. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or trying your hand at pastry for the first time, these treats are a testament to the simple pleasures of homemade desserts. So go ahead, bake, enjoy, and let every bite take you on a delightful journey of taste and texture.